LoSoNet 2006 Makes P2P Connections
There's a new conference in town - Location-Based Social Networking (LoSoNet™) for Crisis Management. LoSoNet 2006 will be held at the prestigious Sheraton National in
LoSoNet 2006 provides a forum to connect the world of social networking with location-based information. The conference focuses on emerging methods to achieve situational awareness for defense and homeland security programs. The conference also examines how peer and ad hoc networks can provide new levels of situational awareness, fusion and survivability that rigid command and control hierarchies can't match. New approaches to improve situational awareness, including emergent intelligence, will be highlighted in this unique forum.
The speakers will highlight how federal, state, tribal and local stakeholders can accomplish the following -
- Share and search information about locations of interest
- Connect to and collaborate with groups of peers with similar information needs
- Break down barriers to information sharing and situational awareness
- Build resilient communities and networked organizations
- Achieve and improve situational awareness in the mission critical areas of prevention, protection, response, recovery and preparedness
For more information or to register please visit www.LoSoNet.org.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative 2.5 License and is copyrighted (c) 2006 by The Carbon Project.